Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A nice speculative post...


So Mary Kate looks a treat in her eternity shawl. To be honest, I think she bounces between the roles of style maven and bag lady. And if I met her, I'd buy her a pie. But I like the shawl.

ASOS.com liked it too. But £120? Nope. I can make this. It has reminded me of a stash of pale blue mohair mix that I have residing in the bottom of a plastic box. I might not love it enough to consider mastering the moebius cast on but I can easily knit a long scarf on big needles in mohair and graft the ends together. A little lace patterning, the odd YO and I'll have saved myself £120.

Although I must first finish my sock. I reached heel territory before work this morning and intend to turn-away this evening...


Kelly [ 12:06 PM ]
2 comments

2 Comments:

Too right! On the counts of the pie and the fact that long scarf+grafting=saving a lot of £££.

Good luck turning your heel!

By Blogger Christina, at 12:22 PM, March 21, 2006  

I may be the fastest knitter but i am crap at turning a heel so i hope it is done before friday

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 PM, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment