Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Sunday, March 19, 2006

When a sock is born...

Image hosting by Photobucket

There sits the mottled beginnings of my first sock. Before I reach the horror stories of heel turning, he just sits there, small and stripey, with neat rows of stitches and tiny needles that look like toothpicks. Isn't he cute?

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have also cast on a lurid blue acrylic Fair Isle hat for myself to keep me calm during those dark heel turning days. I imagine it'll be finished long before I have a whole pair of socks...


Kelly [ 5:17 PM ]
1 comments

1 Comments:

you think socks are hard and slow (what with the small gage and all) but they are amazing and fast and... you have been warned sock knitting is highly addictive :)

By Blogger Alice, at 12:21 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment