Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's Easter and I've got the clap*...

*not really, but I had a big grin on my face as I wrote this...

With one Cascading Leaves sock sat on my sofa waiting for a Kitchener stitch on the toe, I decided I should cast on something new. Finances still aren't looking promising enough for my red Cashmerino Boob Holder so I decided to look into my stash. I found a cone of gorgeous purple/pink/blue light DK/heavy 4ply that was crying to be made into something pretty.

So I cast on a Clapotis for a lovely family friend who doesn't forgt my birthday. It took a couple of attempts - firstly due to feline intervention - as I find starting with only a couple of stitches rather cumbersome. I am well in to the increase rows and wait in anticipation to start dropping stitches. It's a bit of a treat to knit - a nice mix between simple and stimulating. And getting the clap for £2 will make me very happy indeed.

Easter is a free wheeling 4 days of work free fun. I will:

* Graft the toe of the stray sock

* Continue with the clap

* Sew some polka dot joy - my little sister is moving out so she'll appreciate some pretty cushions and make up bags hopefully.

* Attack and complete my first big sewing project - Karina in adorable terry toweling.

Happy Easter!



Kelly [ 1:40 PM ]