Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Friday, May 12, 2006

Losing my virginity...

In the sweater sense of course. There's no filth on my blog.

I've been knitting for six months now and can do most things... intarsia? Pah. Fair Isle? Not too bad. In the round, on DPNs, felt or add a whopping great cable? I'm there. Even k5tog doesn't make me cry anymore.

But I am yet to knit the obligatory My First Sweater. Most people like to start with the Big Sack or Skully from SnB or even a top down raglan for the more adventurous. Not Kelly. Oh no. Meet my new love:


Mmm... it's Rogue from Girl From Auntie. I know it one of the warmest days in Bristol so far this year but I figure If I get underway with this baby now I wil be snuggled in it by summer. Fibre-wise, I've been wanting an excuse to raid Cucumber Patch for some time now. They have some delicious Rowanspun Aran on sale at the moment that means I'll finish this sweater in 100% wool for under £30 - not too shabby. I think I favour Husk - a delicate flecked grey.

Jessimuhkaknits is making stunning progress on hers in the same wool and it motivates me to want to get on board.

The only obstacles? Money, the clap and a couple of pairs of socks!




Kelly [ 1:01 PM ]
2 comments

2 Comments:

I do love that pattern. I've been unable to resist a rummage in the Cucumberpatch too, so many woolly bargains - why do they keep tempting us?

By Blogger Sarah, at 9:11 PM, May 13, 2006  

i'm sure you can manage that!

people only start with easy patterns for first sweater because they do them early in their knitting life

the only real skill you need for jumpers is paitence - it can take ages

By Blogger Alice, at 1:03 PM, May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment