Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Saturday, July 15, 2006

Everyone makes mistakes...


No, not the boyfriend. Just the immensely shallow hat on his head.

Pattern: Swell by Kimmie Kemper from Summer 2006 Knitty, size L

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora in eggshell blue (1) and khaki green (2) (ball bands have escaped)

Needles: Denise interchangeables US size 5 17" circ and Addi size 5 double points

Time taken: Only a few hours, but spread over several days

After completing the Fair Isle, I was satisfied with the length of the hat so far. However, I didn't read forward far enough to appreciate the sharp decreases for the crown.... consequently I ended up with a very shallow hat. A very vicious wet-blocking afforded me about another inch, but certainly not enough to recover this ridiculous looking hat.

I refuse to dismantle it, as it did successfully teach me fair isle with minimal tears, but I might have to remake it, giving myself an extra 6-8 rows of straight knitting after the pattern to allow it to ACTUALLY cover human ears.

And yes, I am peeved I messed it up. But it does me good to mess up, right?




Kelly [ 7:02 PM ]