Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Monday, July 24, 2006

Stella... you're on my mind AND my needles...

I couldn't wait to get started on my new toasty winter cape. Yes, I am aware that it's about 30 outdoors, but it certainly won't be in a few months time and I'd rather be enveloped in soft grey cables when that time arrives.

I started with the scarf part - I tried somethingelaborate as a homage to the original but realised the scarf was ending up too big to enjoy knitting. Instead, I opted for a simple braided cable, reminiscent of the one from Coronet on Knitty. It grows rather speedily and I intend to make it rather long so I can swish it over my shoulder in knitted superiority.

I have started to think about the cape itself - I have decided that I definitely want a fat double cable along the center back
and some smaller braided cables.... and a couple of stockinette panels... I'll scan the sketches later.

In the meantime, I found Leroy asleep on my desk with a bal
l of Rowanspun on his head...




Kelly [ 5:33 PM ]
1 comments

1 Comments:

that's a great choice of cable pattern!

love it! how are you going to do the box-y things? or are you doing a different stitch pattern for those?

By Blogger Alice, at 11:29 PM, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment