Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Monday, July 31, 2006

With a cherry on top...
Whilst it might not be the cherry surprise you were expecting, here's the adorable hat I made for a friend's little girl, based upon one she'd seen in an overpriced kids' clothing store. Isn't it cute? It only took a couple of hours and I have even managed to write up a fairly respectable pattern.
It'll be on the blog soon, but I am sure I have seen a similar hat somewhere else. No amount of Googling will make it appear for me though. Am I imagining it? I don't want it to look like I am trying to pass off someone else's idea as my own so if you've seen the pattern, please let me know. Or we'll just decide that it was indeed a figment of my over-worked imagination.



Kelly [ 7:22 PM ]
4 comments

4 Comments:

I think this might be what you have seen... the tomato beanie from knitchicks. http://acechick.typepad.com/knitchicks_patterns/ I stumbled across it today and remembered reading your post yesterday!

I like your cherry design! I also rememeber seeing a pumpkin hat design around halloween last year in a similar veign but I can't find the link!

By Blogger RooKnits, at 4:56 PM, August 01, 2006  

Hey kelly, you must be the most productive knitter ever.

I remember the pumpkin hat too. was it on knitty?

Hope to see you at the watershed soon. (Loving the blog!)

Zoe X

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM, August 01, 2006  

Oh, what a beauty - that's one lucky little girl - you should make a cherry scarf to match - I made one for my little neice last year - I don't have a picture of it but it was from the Jaeger Babies and childrens collection JB29 - there is a picture of it here
http://www.theknittinggarden.com/ja-magjb29.htm
Lx

By Blogger Louise, at 10:07 PM, August 01, 2006  

What a cute hat!

By Blogger Alida Sharp, at 9:58 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment