Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Saturday, August 26, 2006

Here we go again...

I've already tried putting my heart and soul into a wonderful post this evening, only for Blogger to devour it. Has this site got no heart?

I'll try and do it all again.

Apologies for the lack of posts - they have been mostly due to the lack of sunshine in Bristol, meaning that all of my photos look too grey to impose on the world. But today seemed a little nicer than the other grim days so I took the opportunity to photograph my latest baby knits. They are all complete now and ready to brave the long journey to America and their intended recipient.



This is the completed Cherry Cardigan. It's roughly based on the Classic Cardigan from Debbie Bliss's Knits for Babies and is an excellent pattern to keep in your arsenal for impromptu small person gifts.




The Boy, being the big softiehe is, agreed to add to the package and produced the Black Bear Hat, a product of his own imagination and folly. It could have been a kitty hat.... but the ears went a little wrong... so we add sparkly pink felt and voila!

These goodies join the cherry hat and some candy, ready to go to the post office on Tuesday. I have also finished the cabled footies from One Skein but need some big feet to photograph them with... until The Boy returns, I'll keep those to myself. The Vogue-inspired cape has gained a few more inches of ribbing but not enough to show off here yet.... I keep putting it down in sheer bored frustration. The real reason I was mopping up all these WIPs?

Welll, we all loved Eunny's, we drooled over them at Fig and Plum... and now winter is coming I need my own...


Yummy Norwegian Stockings from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. Everything you've heard about these babies is true. Addictive to knit, stunning to see progress... and a pattern that doen't make you want to gouge your eyes out with DPNs. Mine are a little bigger than illustrated... I just keep going back for one more row...


I chose some wool from my endless stash of 4-ply wool acrylic blends - the blue is actually more of a purple and called heather; the pink is called princess. They're knitting up nice and soft but I do think that some elastic wil be needed in the ribbing, even for my chunky calves. A word of warning though...


Fair-isle knitting both fascinates and confuses kittens. Hence the expression on poor Leroy's face.



Kelly [ 6:29 PM ]
2 comments

2 Comments:

aww that's georgous. sort of cutsy and punkish all at once!

By Blogger Alice, at 1:35 PM, August 27, 2006  

OMG! Kelly, you seriously need to go into business for yourself. You could be making loads of money. I am not even sure the words "thank you" are enough to say THANK YOU!

Please, please, please tell me if there is something you want from the states. If you don't tell me I am going to send you and Danny a big lovely care package. :)

Have a lovely holiday!

Michelle

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment