Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Sunday, September 10, 2006

Are you looking at me?



It's been a very quiet knitting week for me, hence the lack of updates. I'm preparing for Christmas, as requests start to flood in... pretty good considering some of the knitted atrocities I churned out last Christmas. But a lot can happen in a year and hopefully this year's recipients will be pleased again.

This little guy? Why, he's a Nautie of course. And a clever little pattern it is. For those of you too lazy (or busy!) to study it, the Nautie starts life as an i-cord, being carefully stuffed as you gradually expand his shell. Eventually, you begin to curl him into a spiral as he grows, tacking down his shell to keep him tightly coiled. Beautiful. I chose to use some heavy aran weight Garn cotton for his shell and although he feels durable, even 3.25mm needles could not hold in his bounteous stuffing. Consequently, he looks a little fluffy in places. But no less adorable. His face is some fluffy scratchy horror given to me in a charity shop. I very much enjoyed the strategic positioning of his i-cord tentacles, mostly completed on car journeys to work. Now, he's ready for his close up...




And now I need to knit another one. I think that this time, I'll opt for the pointy shell and shocking tangerine. 1 ball of bargain Garn yarn down, only 20 to go...

And 2nd stocking is underway. No 2nd sock syndrome here, she's a real beauty to knit...


Kelly [ 4:46 PM ]
3 comments

3 Comments:

That is really cute! I love stuffies.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM, September 13, 2006  

Your Nautie is awesome! I love the first picture!!

By Blogger Leah, at 2:42 AM, September 14, 2006  

kellie don't make me one of those for christmas..................

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment