Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Friday, September 01, 2006

Fight the grey for a picture...

Circumstances can be a funny thing. Despite finishing these weeks ago, I have been waiting for a pair of big feet to make them look their best. Thankfully, my boyfriend has perfect giant man feet to m
odel such a delightful knit. Sadly, Bristol will not be experiencing any natural light or sunshine for months to come so I had to give in and photograph them in our dark bedroom. Aren't they nice though? Here's the details...






Pattern: Cabled Footies from One Skein
Yarn: Rowanspun Aran, leftover from Rogue, less than 100g
Needles: 5mm DPNS plus a selection of cable needles (I kept losing them)
Time taken: They've been lingering a little while but they were a very speedy knit. I could crank a pair out in a couple of evenings if need be.


Modifications? Very few. I made them a bit bigger to accommodate larger feet but that's about it. I wasn't keen on the toes - they look mighty pointy without feet in them - and would probably modify them if I was knitting them again. Which I am sure I will.


These were intended as Christmas presents for my mum. But the model took a shine to them and he will now have very toasty feet on these cold Bristolian nights. And Mum will get a pair with less pointy toes.






Kelly [ 11:55 AM ]
2 comments

2 Comments:

Gah! Your knits are so beautiful and your posts are so well written! And you have lovely photographs!
I hate you.


(not really)

By Blogger itslikearuin, at 2:05 AM, September 02, 2006  

They are great! I love them!

By Blogger Anushka, at 10:14 AM, September 02, 2006  

Post a Comment