Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Friday, September 29, 2006

Not much to blog about here!

She lies there. Cold and lonely. Making very slow progress. But my Norwegian Stocking has to understand - I have a job now and lots of work to do. Yes, I do want to wear her but I cannot neglect paying the (yarn) bills as a result.

Speaking of which, I went all the way to London today and resisted buying anything, even fibre. Surely that deserves a reward? And my chosen reward will be a trip to Get Knitted next Saturday to rifle my snout through their bargain bins... their plans to open Britain's largest yarn store here in Bristol make me a very happy bunny!

But I have found some time in the car to click my sticks together... look...



Ok, so she doesn't look like much at the moment. But pop a foot into her (that's a hint!) and...



BAM! You've got Widdershins from Summer Knitty. All part of my Socktoberfest preparation.

Have you noticed the sexy icons to your left? Blame Lolly - why can't I quit her? She has muchos lovely knits, inspiring snippets and a great way of working up the knitters of the net into a frenzy. Widdershins covers cables, socks and the fall so I am keeping up my end of the bargain!

TWO DAYS 'TIL SOCKTOBERFEST PEOPLE!!!


Kelly [ 7:01 PM ]
5 comments

5 Comments:

Love the pattern and the choice of the yarn. Lovely!

-Jenn
Morbidknits (craftster)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM, October 03, 2006  

I love the way it's knitting up! That color is the perfect choice for "her"!!

I can't wait to see it all finished!

By Blogger Leah, at 8:01 PM, October 03, 2006  

I love your widdershins. I must start mine again...frogged a while ago!!

By Blogger Linda, at 1:42 PM, October 10, 2006  

Looks great. Just wondering what the yarn is, as it suits the pattern so well? Thanks!

By Blogger Piglottie, at 10:06 PM, October 18, 2006  

Late to the party, and you've probably answered this somewhere but what is the yarn?It's gorgeous. It makes the sock look so snuggly!

By Blogger CatR, at 10:30 PM, November 21, 2006  

Post a Comment