Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Sunday, November 05, 2006

Knitting as dummies...



How pretty does this look? You'd never this is a resounding mistake. With Widdershins safely off the needles and wrapped up for Christmas I needed a quick fix. No more tiny needles for me. After an expensive trip to Get Knitted on Saturday I picked up a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky in Lemon Drop.

I recall reading someone else's blog over the past few weeks how difficult they found it to get yellow wool. This is my excuse for not producing a decent yellow hat for my brother's girlfriend as requested about 9 months ago. But I had always been seduced by the sheer fluffiness of Lamb's Pride and decided to indulge myself this weekend.

I was delighted at how quickly it knitted up into a thick, chunky cabled hat. So delighted in fact that I didn't pay too muct attention to the shape and size of the hat. And ended up with this.




An unattractive cabled flying saucer. Last spotted:On Dumb Donald in his Cosby kid days. Frog and begin again, that's what I say...





Kelly [ 2:55 PM ]
2 comments

2 Comments:

Haha! Oh well. The colour is fantatic. I always forget about yellow, if that makes sense. It's very under-rated.

By Blogger BrownPants, at 4:50 AM, November 06, 2006  

i found it really hard to get yellow wool for that scarf I did for knitty. Ended up using 100% acrylic jobbie I got from local dept store. Which mixed with the wool was fine and a grea yellow

By Blogger Alice, at 6:38 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment