Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Sunday, December 17, 2006

Burnt out on festive knitting

Ugh.. Is it the 26th yet?

I have reall done myself damage trying to get the festive knitting done. I figured I was short on cash (giant council tax bill) but heavy on yarn, so hats, gloves and socks all round. However, for the past couple of weeks at least, festive knitting has been far from enjoyable. I love being able to tackle my time over a project, enjoying the process and looking forward to seeing the results. It's also nice to be able to put a project down when it falls out of favour, without worrying that you won't finish it on time.

Regrettably, I've not managed to photograph many of the holiday knits that are already swatched in chic paper. Hopefully their recipients won't be camera shy on Christmas Day!

Here's a couple of things that I managed to catch on camera today.





Pattern: Eowyn by Theresa Venning, Rowan 38

Yarn: Rowan Polar in Dark Truffle. It's a deep chocolatey brown, unlike my pictures show. I used around 70g I suspect.

Needles: US10 1/2

Time taken. You could make these in an evening if you liked. They are seriously quick and knit flat for you DPN-phobics.

Modifications: Not many. The pattern suggests using 2 strands of Rowan Kid Classic held together but I was knitting from stash and opted to use the Polar. It works well, although I hate to see my cables eaten by fluffiness.

This is a great quick pattern for gifting. the cabled 'arm bits' are knit flat and seamed up the middle. Although this doesn't look too unsightly, I'd definitely make this part in the round if I gave them another go.

The lace edgiong was interesting it's knit from right to left using a lace pattern witha changing number of stitches. This was the firsat I'd encountered this but took it in my stride and any mistakes have been eaten up by the fluff. Besides, there's only 4 repeats of the pattern...

And, solely for your amusement, Calorimetry from Knitty. Knit in lovely violet llama. About 30g.


I won't be abandoning knitting for modeling for a long time yet...




Kelly [ 6:07 PM ]
2 comments

2 Comments:

Oooh, lovely (great nail colour too ;)

By Blogger BrownPants, at 11:37 PM, December 17, 2006  

nice modelling - I think I can see a career change for you here! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 PM, December 27, 2006  

Post a Comment