Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Sunday, March 18, 2007

Starting small...

Yes guys, I'm knitting again.

I started by heading back to Stitch and Bitch and meeting up with all the wonderful ladies and their amazing creations. The crowd hadn't changed much in the months I was gone but it was good to see a few new faces!

I have to say that I did finish the Central Park Hoodie, although I didn't manage to sew in the ends before I went to New York so it couldn't be unveilled in Central Park. Besides, it was too damned cold to take off the two billion layers I was wearing anyway.

Out of love for Miss Eunny's creations (and to celebrate her being appointed to head honcho of my favourite knitting mag) I decided to give entrelac a try. It looks a bit like voodoo and I have to admit that it did require me to put blind faith in the instructions that I was using. I started with some squeaky old acrylic and really got into the motions of it, although I realised my picking up of stitches looks screwy and all those ends to sew in would have just annoyed me. So it'll get frogged in time, but I will definitely consider it for proper projects in the future.

Instead, I decided I needed something basic:


A simple sock, using the self-striping I dyed about a year ago! I am kicking myself for not making this yarn into a pair of Jaywalkers for myself, but I couldn't remember the cast on number late yesterday evening and my lack of internet access meant I couldn't look it up. But they are proving incredibly speedy and relaxing to knit - this much progress was made during a part-episode of Grey's Anatomy. It's also the perfect size and difficulty to stash in my bag in the hopes of making progress on the short train journey to work.

Let's finish with the lovely view from the window of my new place:



Kelly [ 3:27 PM ]
4 comments

4 Comments:

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle... the beginnings of your stripey sock is beautiful. Makes me think the Eastern bunny isn't too far away, now.

By Blogger knittingphilistine, at 4:25 PM, March 18, 2007  

Ha! Eastern bunny! I meant EASTER. Bunny. Gotta love that Eastern bunny and his Brooklyn accent.

By Blogger knittingphilistine, at 4:26 PM, March 18, 2007  

Welcome back! I've been checking in from time to time, sending you warm thoughts, now it's great to have you back! And I'm so jealous of your view!

By Blogger DDKK, at 12:24 PM, March 21, 2007  

Yay! I'm so glad you're back, and knitting again! I used to lurk here and came back every now and then in the hope you'd be back. Happy knitting! The view looks fab by the way!

By Blogger Yarndancer, at 4:14 PM, May 17, 2007  

Post a Comment