Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Saturday, September 29, 2007

WARNING! Actual knitting content...

This may surprise you, but despite being almost 7 months pregnant, I have not completed a single garent for the impending bubba. This is not because I do not love to see babies swaddled in woolly loveliness, or that I haven't seen a bazillion patterns ripe for the knitting.




It's just that I have been facing my needles with indifference lately. Blame my close relationship with throwing up, lack of sleep, long working hours and general bad mood. However, the past couple of weeks have given me a renewed interest in knitting, so hopefully the bubba will have something handcrafted by its mother before it arrives (ETA December 12).





I have, however, been doing a bit of knitting. I was enthralled by the latest Knitty and quickly cast on for Back to Basics. Ok, so it's not the most exciting sock in the world, but it's a twist on the usual, isn't it?


Do heed the designer's warning - these socks come up big. Idly knitting in front of the TV has left me a sock that would be more aptly suited to my giant-footed brethren than myself. I am stalling on sock 2 until he has tried it on and confirmed whether this is a viable project...

There's more, and it'll come as soon as daylight does (and photography can be completed).



Kelly [ 9:01 PM ]