Sigh...
My patterns


Mum's armwarmers



King Boo's chart


Other people worth their
string and two sticks!




Also see


Join in!

Socktoberfest KAL!


Archives


Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hello again :)

Well, well, well... I bet you didn't expect to see this on your Bloglines!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack. More specifically, I am knitting again. I need to get off my butt and take some photos, but for now, I'll show off a little something that got me through those last few days of pregnancy.


Pattern: Children's Cotton Hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, less than half a ball


Time taken: About 2-3 hours as promised!


Needles: 4.5mm DPNs


This is a lovely little pattern and one of the few in the book that actually take the time indicated. This seems harsh, but I think Joelle's interpretation of time does not include idly watching TV, occasionally dropping stitches, drinking coffee or baby-related interruptions.


Oh yes, baby. I had one!



(she clearly loves that hat!)

Chloe Alice arrived on December 19th (a week late) after a short and relatively untraumaic labour. She is a delightful smiley little person who enjoys milk, snazzy hats and spending time without her nappy on. She is fascinated by knitting with all its moving needles and bright coloured yarns but is as yet unable to coordinate her hands well enough to produce anything of her own...although I imagine the first thing she'll do is snatch the hat off her head when she develops coordination.

Labels: ,



Kelly [ 3:36 PM ]
1 comments

1 Comments:

hello to baby Chloe!!!

looking good in hand knits - she's spoiled for life already :)

By Blogger setters, at 3:23 PM, February 08, 2008  

Post a Comment